:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Mempool pruning ba…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Eric Voskuil
A: William Swanson
CC: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Libbitcoin] Mempool pruning based on age
Correction, the RAM numbers are in GB, not MB :).

On 08/10/2016 12:41 PM, Eric Voskuil wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback William.
>
> I have reports of a 33 minute full mainnet initial block download in

v3, with full height history index on a 32mb RAM machine, and we still
have a few optimizations left. Excited to see what we get at 128mb and
more cores.

> We're close to v3 release, so I would put any such policy in there. It

would consist of a deadline timer on the tx pool, timeout config
setting, per entry time stamp, and thread safe pool scan/update on
timeout, with timer reinitialization. Sound about right?

> No promises on timing. I'm planning to post notice of a v3 release

candidate within a week. I would tackle this after that. You could also
prob add this yourself in v2 without much difficulty.