:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] vdev
richard lucassen wrote on 12/08/16 01:33:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:33:52 +0200
> aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:
>
>>> I'm talking about e.g. /dev/ttyS0. After a boot it looks like:
>>>
>>> crw-------  1 root root      4,  64 Aug 11 11:32 ttyS0

>>> After a manual restart of vdev it is what it should be:
>>>
>>> crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 Aug 11 11:32 ttyS0

[Point taken re eudev]

The set up I now have, does the right thing on boot. I think.

Firstly, it loads vdev from initrd during the first stage boot, and then
it exits. A snapshot of /dev taken before the next start shows all
filemod settings to be fine.

Secondly it loads vdev anew at the sysvinit startup, and then this stays
on as a daemon. The filemod settings at this time remain good.

Plugging in a USB disk via virtio redirection gains two new entries
/dev/sdd and /dev/sdd1, with appropriate filemod settings.

This is with vdev installed from the debs, followed by my hands-on,
which resulted in the snapshot files and links. Exactly. I also have
removed all *udev* links from /etc/rcS.d (as otherwise update-rc.d gets
upset about two different udev provisions)

The diff relative a clean debs install tells of a) two revisions for the
provided files: the changes to /usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf, and to
/usr/lib/vdev/udev-compat.sh, b) the additions of
/usr/lib/vdev/daemonlet and /usr/etc/vdev/acls/00-whitelist-root.acl,
and c) the additional /root tree for initrd building.

Now, I would suggest a blanket revision to the debs, to remove the /usr
prefix from all its file paths. Then change /etc/vdev/vdevd.conf and the
initrd building scripts accordingly. Thereafter work out how to
postinstall vdev to also purge systemd-udev without it messing with its
dependencies. (You don't want the kernel uninstalled)