:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Góra strony
Autor: richard lucassen
Dla: dng
CC: aitor_czr
Temat: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 10:40:43 +0200
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> >> Aitor, does your vdev set the permissions and ownerships correctly?
> >
> > I have to suid vdevd in debian/vdevd.postinst. The /usr/sbin is
> > missing in your snapshot.
>
> No, i'll give the following permissions:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x

I'm talking about e.g. /dev/ttyS0. After a boot it looks like:

crw-------  1 root root      4,  64 Aug 11 11:32 ttyS0

After a manual restart of vdev it is what it should be:

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 Aug 11 11:32 ttyS0

$ cat /etc/vdev/actions/ttyS.act
[vdev-action]
event=add
path=^ttyS[0-9]+$
VAR_PERMISSIONS_OWNER=root
VAR_PERMISSIONS_GROUP=dialout
VAR_PERMISSIONS_MODE=0660
helper=permissions.sh

This action is NOT executed during boot, but after a manual restart it
is executed. So: what is your ownership/permission of /dev/ttyS0 after a
reboot? And how does it look like when you restart vdevd? Do you see
the same phenomena?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |