:: Re: [DNG] Your computer clock: Was:…
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Your computer clock: Was:Re: vdev
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:18:39 +0200
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> Hi Svante,

> > Aitor, your computer clock is running ahead again. Can you please
> > sync with ntpdate regularly in a cron script (or replace the CMOS
> > battery?)
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> My clock is right:
>
> aitor@gnuinos:~$ date
> Thu Aug 11 11:14:02 CEST 2016
>
> It only happens in another computer. My second handed Toshiba works
> fine :)
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Aitor.

Hey Aitor,

You know how there are people who can't wear a watch because something
about them breaks watches? Well, you break the time on computers.

I'd recommend both a new cmos battery AND ntp and anything else you can
do to keep your computer's time in check, because there's something
about you...

:-)

By the way, I had to fire up my time machine to read this, because you
haven't sent it yet.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr