:: Re: [DNG] Bootloaders (was: SystemD…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Bootloaders (was: SystemD's brownie points over non-systemd OSs)
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 08:01:07 +0100
Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

> Peter Olson <peabo@???> wrote:
>
> > I have a machine in that state right now, and rather than try to
> > debug it at the Grub prompt, I am just going to reinstall the
> > system.
>
> That's a bit like the old "I'm buying a new car because the ashtray
> is full" joke.

The closer analogy is "I'm taking a few hours to clean out my whole
car because the ashtray is full, and I have a feeling there are ashes
under the seats and in the back seat too, and I just want to get on with
things."

Sometimes a good, prophylactic fresh install is just what's needed.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr