:: [Libbitcoin] Mempool pruning based …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: William Swanson
A: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: [Libbitcoin] Mempool pruning based on age
Hello,
Our libbitcoin infrastructure has been humming along quietly in the
background with no major hiccups for the past several months, so yay!
Things are pretty awesome, and the new block-download work that's been
going in looks even more amazing.

One thing we've noticed through our customer support department is
that old unconfirmed transactions don't get dropped in a predictable
way. If the network is flooded with activity, unconfirmed transactions
may be dropped in a few hours, but it the network is slow, it may be
days. We've had a few cases where we needed to restart our libbitcoin
servers to clear some large transactions out of the mempool for our
customers. Is there any way to configure the mempool based on a
timeout, so any transaction over X hours old will be dropped?

We can obviously implement this sort of logic client-side, but we
thought we'd check to see if the server already supported that first.

Thanks for all the hard work,
-William