Til: dng@lists.dyne.org
Emne: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
I wrote:

> But reading the original links, he is clearly saying "I'll break stuff whenever *I* think it's right and I don't care how much work it makes for others in fixing the result".

However ...
It does sound like this was an area potentially in want of some looking at. However, the way to do that would have been to discuss it rationally with the kernel guys and agree a way forward - putting the fix in well before the breakage. "Co-operation ? No, never heard of it" seems to be their motto.