:: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Simon Hobson
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
dev <devuan.2@???> wrote:

>>    Udev on non-systemd is a dead-end:

> So.. then.. basically any Linux distro which uses udev to populate /dev/ is going to be S.O.L? Including Slackware presumably?

That's about it - and I suspect that Poettering "isn't upset" by that.
But reading the original links, he is clearly saying "I'll break stuff whenever *I* think it's right and I don't care how much work it makes for others in fixing the result". Proving (yet again) that he is not fit to be "in charge" of a critical bit of infrastructure.

Reading the other threads from the last day or two ...
How long before he decides that Grub needs "improving" ?