:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Inizio della pagina
Autore: richard lucassen
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:46:36 +1000
Ralph Ronnquist <ralph.ronnquist@???> wrote:

> I've now made a snapshot of the vdev files from the working disk.
> available at www.realthing.com.au/files/vdev/vdev-snapshot.tgz.

logfile=/run/vdev/vdevd.log

I'd rather choose

logfile=/var/log/vdev/vdevd.log

as /run/ is a ramdisk ;-)

> As I mentioned before, it came down to a couple changes to the config
> file and the udev-compat.sh helper (maybe not needed), then adding
> dameonlet and the acls directory with its thing, and setting a
> handful of links.

You probably have no list of the changes you made?

> The more major thing was the addition of the initramfs making (in the
> root director of the snapshot), which I took from github, and editing
> it to deal with the /usr prefix.
>
> I made it a snapshot for forensic study, and you can choose how to
> roll it into the packages. Note that I added "loop" to modules
> because the hardware database is a squasfs; I haven't actually
> verified that it's really needed but just left it so.

I installed vdev like in INSTALL.md, but it seems to have problems.
vdev starts, but quits. It creates most devices, but does not set the
apropiate ownerships and permissions. When I start vdev manually, it
starts but refuses to set the apropiate ownerships and permissions.

But when running:

/sbin/vdevd -v2 -c /etc/vdev/vdevd.conf -l /var/log/vdev/vdev.log /dev

everything seems to work well, the apropiate ownerships and
permissions are set to the expected settings.

IOW: when run manually it's ok. It might have something to do with
initramfs which refuses to compile, due to an old bug. The workaroud is
to:

ln -s /dev/sda5 /805

in order to make it work again. But generating the initramfs from the
example directory stops with an error and an empty initramfs file. The
thing I did was symlinking the libudev.so.1

ls -al /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Aug 10 14:08 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1
-> /lib/libudev.so.1

and to run a update-initramfs -u -v

Anyone a hint?

R.