:: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Fin…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Find a way to disable most services by default with systemd
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:05:51 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20160712110551.GT18338@???>:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:49:13PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > ..nowadays I see Devuan falling apart exactly because Debian
> > is falling apart, for details, run: ' how-can-i-help '.
> >

> Sorry but I have to disagree on "Devuan falling apart", since it seems
> an unsupported statement :) Devuan is progressing, and it is
> misleading to believe that the only way of "progressing" is by
> releasing a nbew distro every six months.

..regardless of whether you build Devuan on top of Debian, or
build roads for Armegruppe Rendulic, under budget, and ahead of
schedule to Organisation Todt standards across frozen lakes,
or play world class wonderfully soothing music aboard the S/S
Titanic, you _are_ going down, exactly because the very foundation
you build your fine work of art upon, is going down.

..we need to float free from Debian. And we need vdev etc native
Devuan code packaged for all Devuan releases, not just Jessie.
The core bits. The eye candy can wait.

> That is better called "putting debug on the shoulders of the poor
> users".

..agreed.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: