:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ralph Ronnquist
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] vdev
Right. Perhaps the first caveat is that I trimmed down the installation
(without DE etc and only leaving standard utilites) by purging as much
as I thought sensible.

Other than that, I made vdev installation as per README, then:

a) changed /etc/vdev/vdevd.conf to in particular have
    logfile=/run/vdev/vdev.log
    (the /var directory is ro when it starts)

b) add missing /etc/vdev/acl directory, and copied in the file
    00-whitelist-root.acl from the example directory
    (the acl directory was missing and it just looked like a good idea
to include that file; not sure why)

c) [also for testing] fixed the paths in example/vdevd.conf for acls,
actions, ifnames and hwdb, which pointed wrong. The hwdb in particular
needs to be right for making the initramfs.

I believe that's all. I'm planning to retry this on a DE installation
shortly.

regards,

Ralph.