Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 10:15:59 +0200
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> As i announced yersterday in the IRC Channel, i just uploaded the
> repository of gnuinos containing (in addition to linux-libre-4.6.2
> and simple-netaid) the packages of vdev:
>
> deb http://packages.gnuinos.org/ jessie main
> deb-src http://packages.gnuinos.org/ jessie main
>
> Linux-libre has been built using libudev-dev. Now, i'll try it again
> using Jude Nelson's *libudev-compat* (which should be recalled to
> libudev-compat-dev ?? ), instead of libudev-dev.
>
> I also should add the following line to debian/control:
>
> Provides: libudev-dev

Great. I'll make an extra install of Jessie this week to test the
packages (I run Ascii for the moment). Packaging is essential for
testing vdev by many people.

A mature Devuan absolutely needs a replacement for udev. It's essential
IMHO. If Devuan stays with udev, it will be swallowed by systemd one
day or another.

R.

--
richard lucassen