:: [DNG] old-school CLI email crazynes…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
Sujet: [DNG] old-school CLI email crazyness (was: IRC Channel)
On Thu, 04 Aug 2016, Rick Moen wrote:

> There's always a fair question of how much better an altnerative must be
> to make change worthwhile.

for me in weechat was the fantastic /iset mechanism from which other
ncurses applications may also want to learn, the encrypted storage of
credentials and the sidebar capabilities.

> E.g., I went from pine and elm to mutt and

now this is a whole new story :^) in short, I went the same but stayed
very short in elm and ended up writing a fairly complex setup, which
made me afraid of forgetting it, plus frustrated of moving it around,
to the point I decided to write a software for it, aptly named
Jaro-mail by a friend with good sense of humor.

https://dyne.org/software/jaro-mail

its mutt + notmuch + fetchmail + gpg + mixmaster + sieve + abook

all integrated via Zsh scripts (which also do filtering, substituting
procmail with a big deal of speed and flexibility) into a well
documented and fairly easy to use setup for people used to CLI and
maildirs. Beware this software is opinionated and enforces whitelisting
to keep your inbox focused on messages from people you know already,
so that it is feasible to check it also from a mobile phone. it also
automatically creates server-side imap folders for mailinglist and a
couple of other sieve tricks.

for the fear of forgetting that I mentioned above, I spent a big deal
of time writing a manual with proper accuracy on details
http://files.dyne.org/jaromail/jaromail-manual.pdf

people joke about me being the only user of this software :^) but to
my surprise there are actually others, nevertheless we are a few and
most users I know have all succesfully managed to tweak the code to
fit it to their desires (which was intended, it being written in
fairly modular shell scripts)

ciao