:: Re: [DNG] Would you guys hate me if…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Would you guys hate me if...
Hi All,

I suggest a simple text file to store all menu information in a format
that doesn't require any specific parsers to be installed. Some argue
and seem to have a point, XML is not that readable for many users and
more often than not a tool is required to edit complex files. My
suggestion is a simple format to keeps record of menu tree paths and
the actual menu items as follows:

placement="/path/to/menu/item/in/menu/tree"
name="my cool menu"
command="/path/to/command param1 param2 ..."
icon="/path/to/icon"

Empty lines should be easily skipped but for human readers they make a
text file more readable.

For a simple use case like this, I don't think using a dependency on
MongoDB is justifiable.

I can easily write a C function to parse this file. Steve Litt if you
want I can write a couple of functions for you but give me the
variables in which you prefer to have the file read.

Albert Einstein