:: Re: [DNG] Would you guys hate me if…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Would you guys hate me if...
On 04.08.2016 16:16, KatolaZ wrote:

> The format of menu files adopted in WindowMaker is *exactly* what I
> mean by easy-to-modify, and I don't see why one would need anything
> more complicated than that. After all, a menu is just a tree-like
> structure, and each element basically has three/four attributes at
> most: label, program to execute, (list-of-)keystroke(s), and possibly
> an icon.

ACK. But I would also be fine w/ EMDL notation
http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/emdl/index.htm

OTOH, I could also live with an simple XML schema - quite any scripting
language can easily cope w/ it (okay, didn't try in shellscript yet),
allows all sorts of transfomations (xslt, etc). YAML also seems fine.

The major point for me would be having simple editable and parsable
text files, maybe even w/ some kind of include / referencing mechanism
(even though, we could use cpp for that).

Anyways, an GUI-based implementation could be a nice usecase for my
tiny widget toolkit I'm currently hacking up
https://github.com/metux/twtk

--mtx