:: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Rick Moen
To: dng
Nuovi argomenti: [DNG] old-school CLI email crazyness (was: IRC Channel)
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
Quoting Jaromil (jaromil@???):

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2016, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > If you have no other preference, I'll put in a good word for irssi.
>
> irssi user for 10 years here. now switched to weechat.
> much, much better, give it a try...

I might, thanks.

There's always a fair question of how much better an altnerative must be
to make change worthwhile. E.g., I went from pine and elm to mutt and
have remained on the latter for a long time, even though Alpine has
given pine new life, and some people I respect claim Sup or nmh or
notmuch (or more probably notmuch in conjuction with mutt,
https://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/) is better, but I have to wonder
how much better is necessary to make an adequate inducement.

Adam Osborne, whom I used to see around the Homebrew Computer Club when
I was a teenager, used to say 'Adequacy is sufficient.' Of course, the
man did also make a mistake or two.[1] ;->

But I deeply appreciate the recommendation.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect