:: Re: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: dev
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd
Rowland Penny wrote:
<<
A quick trawl of the internet led to an interesting fact, systemd now
mounts /etc read-only and if /etc/resolv.conf doesn't exist, systemd
creates a dangling symlink.

Even MS Windows allowed modification of the registry using regedit.exe
but SystemD developers decided on the preventive!

Yes, Mr Poettering, I agree wholeheartedly that users/sys admins MUST
have both their hands tied behind their back.

Making /etc, the equivalent of the Windows Registry in Linux, read
only, renders system administrators powerless whatever their
knowledge and experience.

Good, our revenue from support will have to increase!
Good move! You have a wage increase for that!
</sarcasm>

Albert Einstein