Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 23:38:28 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 03/08/2016 15:25, Go Linux a écrit :

> > Hope to see you there soon
> >
> > @KatolaZ - Did not know about using port 9999 so I got to learn
> > something too! Now I need to figure out where to make that
> > setting . . . there are so many things I don;t know . . .
>
>      Always learn as well, but I'm rather like Aitor; I always
> regarded IRC like something mysterious. No idea still how to connect
> and what happens then. I'll read this tutorial when I can find some
> time :-)

>      Didier

Just install hexchat, connect to Freenode at the default no-ssl port
(6667 I think), say /join #debianfork, and bang, you're there, and the
rest is obvious.

Later you can do ssl and all of that stuff.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr