:: Re: [DNG] Multiarch issues
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Multiarch issues
On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 08:30:19PM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 09:26:51 +0100
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 07:20:58AM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure about this, but is it possible that you can't have two
> > > architectures of the same package installed?
> > >

> > Multiarch exists primarily to allow the installation of the same
> > package for different architectures :)
> >

> Hi KatolaZ,
>
> I don't know if we understand each other: there's a difference between
> having the same i386 package installed on two architectures (machines)
> - or having two versions (e.g. i386 and amd64) of a package installed in
> parallel on the same machine (resp. architecture). Perhaps I didn't
> express myself clearly - I questioned the latter: if it is possible to
>
> $ apt-get install libgtkhtml:i386 libgtkhtml:amd64
>
> because I had a similar issue some time ago, probably as well with one
> of the libgtkhtmls (or perhaps it was wkhtmltopdf with libqtwebkit?).

Hi Florian,

I think I have a rough idea of what mutliarch is, as I actually use it
daily, and I have never had problems with it :) I have an amd64 devuan
installation, with plenty of :i386 libraries, most of them needed by
applications pre-compiled for i386 (one of these is skype,
unfortunatel, the only non-free package I have to use, besides
firmware-iwlwifi).

Just to make an example:

katolaz@akela:~$ dpkg -l | grep zlib | cut -d " " -f 1-3
ii zlib1g:amd64
ii zlib1g:i386
ii zlib1g-dev:amd64
katolaz@akela:~$

That's why I guessed that your problem with the installation of
libgtkhtml might be related with a known glitch in amprolla, which
causes some upgdates to be erroneously disregarded. For the time
being, your problem might (or might not) possibly be solved by adding
the jessie-backports repository from Debian in your sources.list,
which has worked for me in resolving other issues with mismatching
package versions.

My2Cents

KatolaZ