:: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steven W. Scott
À: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudio and Mumble on Devuan
Hit F6 in alsamixer to show sound cards. 'arecord -l' is also handy for
listing cards. Card0 is nearly always the onboard soundcard and usually the
one you want. HDMI shows up as card 1.

I cannot convey the level of garbage I consider pulseaudio to be - merely a
layer of shizaware that muddles things up anyways. Who the hell wants to
network audio output across IP? wtf. It's like java, introduces more
problems than it claims to solve.

If you've got multiple audio inputs like I do, such as a built-in mic plus
a mic jack on side of laptop, be sure you've selected the right one;
alsamixer is good for helping there too because you've got a sort of VU
meter for checking levels.

good luck!

SWS