:: Re: [DNG] Multiarch issues
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: KatolaZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Multiarch issues
On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 07:20:58AM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:

[cut]

> > When I look at the Debian Web package for the Jessie package of
> > libgtkhtml-4.0-common, it is shown as architecture 'all'. Even trying
> > to install the amd64 (default for my system) doesn't help.
> >
> > Is this a Debian bug?
> >
> > - Nate
>

> Hi Nate,
>
> I'd try to track down the conflict by installing the 4 "not going to be
> installed" packages individually and manually (i.e. not as dependency)
> and repeat this with their "not going to be installed ancestors" in the
> dependency chain, until apt reveals the underlying conflict.
>
> Not sure about this, but is it possible that you can't have two
> architectures of the same package installed?

Multiarch exists primarily to allow the installation of the same
package for different architectures :)

I currently have both amd64 and i386 in multiarch, but don't have
libgtkhtml installed, so I haven't had the opportunity to replicate
your issue. Do you have jessie-updates and Debian Jessie backports in
your sources.list?

HND

KatolaZ