:: Re: [DNG] What do you guys think ab…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: aitor_czr
A: Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI, Franco Lanza, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] What do you guys think about "Suggest" and, "Recommends" dependency?

Hi Nextime,

On 07/31/2016 02:00 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud@???> wrote:
> Franco Lanza <nextime@???> wrote:
>> >Personally on debian i was using from date
>> >
>> >APT:Install-Recommends "0";
>> >APT:Install-Suggests "0";
>> >
>> >in all my install apt.conf.
>> >
>> >I don't like apt downloading and installing things that are not required
>> >but just recommended or suggested, expecially in server or embedded
>> >envs, but also on my desktop.
>> >
>> >What do you think if we make this the default in devuan?
> I would be all in favour; hoping to limit the bloat, I have had for years
>
> # cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/40nosuggestrecommends
> Apt::Install-Suggests false;
> Apt::Install-Recommends false;
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

This is the configuration recommended by dev1fanboy in his guide about
how to upgrade from debian to devuan:

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan-and-minimalism

Cheers,

Aitor.