:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Página Inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 07:31:00 +0000, hellekin wrote in message
<869e8fb2-2f17-2331-a443-9e2f4658c767@???>:

> On 07/30/2016 07:37 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >
> > ..2 wise things we can use: the Full 4 Geneva Conventions offer the
> > legal text of the 4 Conventions and its 3 Protocols Additional, e.g.
> > Article 87 Duty of commanders ...
> >

> I'm sorry but I'm not willing to click external links to military
> institutional texts at this point.

..in a slightly better world it would be and we would be enforcing it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Committee_of_the_Red_Cross
And given its database driven web site cookie etc policy, I can also
see cause for concern on e.g. tracking you, browsers etc, the ICRC
should IMNTHO be able to provide easy static links to each Article
and its Commentary/Commentaries (some Articles now has e.g. 1952
AND 2016 Commentaries).

> Can you explain your rationale why
> this literature would apply to a free software community?
>
> Or simply join the relevant text excerpts instead of putting the
> burden on the reader to figure out the link?

..not the text or commentaries themselves, but the method the ICRC use
here, each Article has fairly terse language setting the Law, and its
Commentary explains the background, the rationale, the intentions, the
history, case law, how it worked, how it failed, how to use it in war,
how to use it in court martials, how to use it in post war litigations
etc to stay as close as possible to the spirit of the intentions
behind the text of each Article.

..in our case, we would/should build our Articles upon the Debian ones,
and use our Commentaries to explain the background, the rationale, the
intentions, the mail list etc history, case law, how it worked, how it
failed getting them SystemD and making us fork etc, how we wanna use it
going forward, and write our Articles to make staying as close as
possible to the spirit of the intentions behind the text of each
Article, easy and simple.

> /me doesn't feel like a commander on duty.

..then you shouldn't take leadership leading by example. ;o)
I prefer you carry on as you have. :o)
But I don't mind tweaks. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: