:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):

> It's possible that he considers toxicity is inherent in the mere
> presence of a constitution. Maybe countries need constitutions. Maybe
> systems of software just need forking.

It doesn't hurt to just _ask_ Joey his perspective.

It might take a while for him to get back to you, but there's a good
chance he may, given some time: He's living (last I heard) almost
entirely off the grid in the Appalachian Mountains -- backwoods
Tennessee. He remains veritable fountain of essential free software
(e.g., small jewels like ikiwiki, git-annex, and etckeeper[1]). Mostly
he's coding Haskell these days, by preference.

He's more than a bit of an introvert: There's a reason his blog
bears the anagram subheader 'see shy jo'. But if you ask him a
reasonable, thoughtful, and focussed question, he'll probably get back
to you. I think.

Don't ask him to step into the middle of any angry advocacy dogfights,
though, or even within their approximate vicinity. It's _very_ obvious
he's done with anything that even smells vaguely of that.

[1] And check out moreutils! http://joeyh.name/code/moreutils/