著者: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 11:18:09 -0400, Steve wrote in message
<20160730111809.17c29a20@???>:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 10:50:24 +0200
> Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, aitor_czr wrote:

> > > I don't know him, but i think that he would not oppose it :)
> >

> > yes, I think it would be a very healthy iteration for us, to have
> > his review. many here have good esteem for his work. if someone
> > closer to him can bring his attention to the initiative, then
> > please put him in contact with Hellekin, he'll be able to give an
> > exhaustive overview on where we are with the constitution.
> >
> > I'd be also in favor of having Joey Hess on our board of trustees.
> > We haven't started any real work with the board, but will soon
> > especially after reaching stable and in the process of finalising
> > the Constitution and Social Contract.
>
> Personally, I'd recommend going *very* slowly on that social contract.
> It hasn't been needed yet, and the social contract was the hook on
> which Debian hung their "systemd take it or leave us" hat.

..2 wise things we can use: the Full 4 Geneva Conventions offer the
legal text of the 4 Conventions and its 3 Protocols Additional, e.g.
Article 87 Duty of commanders ...
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Article.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=C203555D5F233D81C12563CD0051E1FE
...has its own Commentary, explaining e.g. how to apply it in war:
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Comment.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=36FC92EB9E83FBBEC12563CD00437BFB
...and e.g. Article 86 Failure to act ...
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Article.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=043A5B6666FA92E6C12563CD0051E1E7
...has its own Commentary, explaining e.g. how to apply it in courts:
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Comment.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=BA2C2393DA08B951C12563CD00437A1C
...etc. Etc.

..as nobody gets it right the first time they try, the second piece
of wisdom I'm happy to shove down anyones throat, is Article 121 in
https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/1814-05-17 (or in English):
https://www.stortinget.no/globalassets/pdf/english/constitutionenglish.pdf
which originated as Article 110 ("§ 110") in the original
https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/17._mai-grunnloven and is meant
to slow down any change to our Constitution to glacial speeds,
by establishing and enforcing rules on making legislators pass
any change tru 3 consecutive elections, unchanged across these
3 elections: https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grunnlovsendringer

..such glacially speedy change require and promotes wise changes,
and allows democracy getting started quickly with imperfect
constitutions like the anti-semitic one we had from 1814 to 1851.

..optional factcheck googlator: https://translate.google.com/ ;o)

..again, we are in no hurry. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: