:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 02:01:31PM +0200, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:
> On 29-07-16 21:39, Jaromil wrote:
> >
> >I think most people clashing with Rick here may want to stop for a
> >moment and realise Devuan does not need fan-boys, converted people or
> >preachers as much as critical and constructive minds that go across
> >all what we are doing and, besides encouraging it, also envisions
> >flaws and limits. This is what we always need to encourage if we don't
> >want to end up like Debian today. The capacity to listen to critical
> >postures is what makes us different from the dynamics surrounding the
> >systemd avalanche.
> >
> >Rick is a seasoned contributor to all sorts of good developments in
> >gnu/linux world, he is provocative and witty, definitely not a
> >troll.
>
> Your "definitely not" is not mine. If it looks like a duck, swims like a
> duck, quacks like a duck it probably is a duck.
> So i will take him for a troll until the opposite has been proven.

I think he *is* a troll. He is also a competent, knowledgable,
experienced technical person who has a lot to offer us. The
combination is quite rare. Given the mix, I'd prefer to hear him out
rather than ban him.

What I won't do is respond to his provocations. They are always subtle,
and deniable. Sometimes I don't even notice them until someone responds
in anger. But I'm like that. I tend to concentrate on facts rather
than emotions.

Rick concentrates on facts, too. But he tends to word the facts in ways
that make others feel slighted, this inciting long, and eventually
futile discussions with those who are too easily offended.

Not that there aren't a number of us here who easily feel denigrated.

My advice to all is:

* Don't take it personally.

* Have impeccable with your words.

* ask questions