:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: Rick Moen
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Rich Meon wrote:
<<
Seriously, now? Isn't this just a bit childish?

> For a "process-person" to claim publishing a manifesto (Debian Social
> Contract) and then, unexpectedly, stressing "They do what they think
> is best, and claim it best meets the needs of
> their users and the free software community", is ironically a rational
> somersault that proclaims contradiction.

I think you rather badly missed some important -- actually, vital --
nuances in what I was saying.

Nuances?! If it is a subtle difference, it can usually be ignored. Are
you trying to impress me? If that is the case, I am well past the age
of surprise.

<<
I did _not_ say that they actually are meeting the priorities of the
users and the free software community. I just said that's the way they
interpret their document. Moreover, I said I was amazed that anyone
would be surprised at this.

Now you are beating round the bush in yet another vain attempt to
appear smart... Yes, you contradicted yourself and by insisting you
have a point, you also indicate dishonesty.

<<
For whatever it's worth, Joey Hess is a friend and former co-worker of
mine. And I agree with him.

That is fine with me but expecting readers to gobble up a
contradiction as logically correct is a bit far fetched.

<<
Are you done hyperventilating? I'm getting just a bit concerned for
your well-being.

Hyperventilating?! LOL

Sure, I have been admitted to an intensive care unit with two doctors
standby. Don't be ridiculous will you.

<<
> According to you, voters vote for a political party basing their vote
> on the party's electoral manifesto, then suddenly when the party wins
> the government, they can be told the government does what they think
> is best, and claim it best meets the needs of their electors!

This is nothing like what I said. I think you need to get a great deal
better at reading, sir.

My reading is OK, notwithstanding of your insinuations. It is you who
should not expect your readers to gobble logical contradictions like
nothing.

Puts on oxygen mask. Doctor, doctor, ...

Edward

--
Those who abuse me will be banned immediately from my email account.
Here, I am communicating with supposedly intelligent adults who are