:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Pàgina inicial
Autor: hellekin
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On 07/29/2016 07:28 AM, Edward Bartolo wrote:

> According to you, voters vote for a political party basing their vote
> on the party's electoral manifesto, then suddenly when the party wins
> the government, they can be told the government does what they think
> is best, and claim it best meets the needs of their electors!
>
> Edward

I think it's the case :) At least in France when a political party wins
even a minor election with a comfortable margin, they claim to have the
legitimacy to do whatever they want (but they don't).

Joey Hess in his departing email mentioned that The Debian Constitution
"is a toxic document" [0], although he didn't say why exactly (and
didn't reply to my inquiry about it so far, which I can understand.)

Nevertheless, I think that if the part saying "users before all" was
actually followed, Devuan probably would not exist now.

I'm very much concerned that our own Devuan Constitution inherit the
"toxicity" that Joey Hess interpreted in the Debian Constitution, and
that's why I drafted one that departs from Debian's (although I cannot
be certain of its lack of toxicity.) Nevertheless, the discussion so
far was avoided, which is not to say we should have it now. As the
Shadoks say: "if there's a problem, there's a solution. If there's no
solution, then there's no problem."

Cheers,

==
hk

[0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00174.html

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/