:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):

> And won't you then find that all those packages with gratuitous
> libsystemd0 dependencies will stop working ?

I have a better question: Is there something about empiricism that many
people on this mailing list cannot cope with?

Back when I had newly joined this mailing list and all of these idle
allegations and rhetorical questions started being posted, I decided to
do that thing.... What's it called? Oh, right: 'Checking.'

I did a quick smoke test on my test VM by chmod'ing
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0.3.1 to 000, starting Apache,
making sure it appeared to work OK, and skimming its logs looking for
anything amiss. Nothing wrong that I was able to see.

If I ever get to worrying about this in production after attending to
all the myriad _real_ concerns I have, I suppose I'd more-carefully
check various things that might have screwy problem and might not.
Meanwhile, I also would expect none, simply on grounds of the known
facts of what's in the damned thing.

Now, you guys presumably all have Linux systems. Why pose the question?
Why not just check, if you want to know?