:: [Libbitcoin] Node Addresses on the …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Shawn Pringle
À: Libbitcoin
Sujet: [Libbitcoin] Node Addresses on the fastcoin network
I have written a program which counts the nodes on a network. It uses the
getaddress message and reads address messages. In an address message on
the fastcoin network I counted almost five hundred nodes.

For a coin which is for the most part an economic failure, I found the
count surprising. I also noticed that over 99% of the nodes coming from
the address messages are offline when trying to connect.

I use boost 1.60 and libbitcoin. It takes a long time to try to establish
bitcoin network connections with hundreds of thousands of end points.
Most of these do not connect, and the software is probably hitting home
firewalls.

Shawn Pringle