:: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 and other ARM …
Top Pagina
Auteur: info at smallinnovations.nl
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 and other ARM based credit card computers
One of the fronts we can promote Devuan is on ARM based credit card
computers like Raspberry Pi 2 and 3. Most users of these computers are
new linux users and will have no opinion about systemd but if they can
get a fast booting small system they surely will appreciate that.

And especially the Pi 2 and 3 are quite capable for lots of tasks. I
have one Pi 2 with Devuan beta and running a LAMP stack, postfix and
dovecot, shoutcast2 and mpd, sshd and pi-hole. I even succeeded
installing Lets encrypt Certbot on it (with quite some hassle to get it
done but it works).

At the moment the Pi 2 beta image is ... well ... bare, even the main
module bcm2835 is not installed by default. To be attractive to those
new users we should have a image available with a minimal desktop,
working video and sound and documentation. That is not a task for one or
two people so i wonder if there is enough interest on this list to start
a group working on this. Such group could at first work at a minimal
desktop image. Later on more specialized images can be added if useful.

Grtz.

Nick