:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Simon Hobson
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

>> OK, that's what I thought, which is at odds with some comments that have been made.
>
> Well, if you're referring to 'comments that have been made' about
> libsystemd0, the more useful (IMO) comments characterised what is
> actually present in that library, that it contains just interface code
> that absent systemd does[1] nothing

And you've gone on to keep extrapolating that "that's all a library does".

I have not at any point disputed that that may be all it does now - yes you persist in wording your replies in a manner which (whether deliberate or not) implies that all such a library can do is "nothing".

Now lets settle this once and for all, the thing is that this is supposed to be about choice. I really don't care whether you are happy or not having libsystemd0 on your system - that's your choice, based on your priorities, policies, etc, etc.

It is *MY* choice that I don't want it on my systems. It's not just the "what could they slip in" bit - there are a number of more philosophical reasons. I really don't care if *YOU* think it's paranoid - it's *MY* choice (which happens to be shared by others). Please respect that, because your tone throughout this thread suggests that you don't respect that.