:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Góra strony
Autor: Brad Campbell
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On 26/07/16 10:27, Simon Walter wrote:

> Is that really the case? Did the Debian leadership do a poll to find out
> what their users wanted and who were their typical users?
> Desktop/personal vs. server/professional? Did they consult their package
> survey stats?
>
> I wasn't participating in those discussions. Maybe I should have. For
> that, my friends, I am sorry. I am sorry to open a can of worms of
> perhaps what is a sensitive issue with those of you who were involved in
> the discussion and the exodus.

My gut feeling is that discussion is a waste of time. You won't
influence the politics, you won't actually learn anything from the
discussion and you'll divert time and energy away from moving in the
forward direction.

> The reason I want to know about that is because if most Debian users are
> desktop users, perhaps it's for the better that they went with systemd
> as the default. It gives more credence to Devuan as the professional
> choice.

I'd rather just keep doing what we're doing and working on a credible
alternative. The results will speak for themselves rather than more
rattling of empty tins.

Let's keep our eyes on the ball.