:: Re: [DNG] suspend / hibernate with …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adam Borowski
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] suspend / hibernate with KDE
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 07:39:58AM +0200, Klaus Fuerstberger wrote:
> Arnt Karlsen schrieb am 25.07.2016 um 00:18:
> > ..I'm on ascii with daemon-version: 0.99.4, and it's been stuck
> > there for a few months, do I need to downgrade or some such?
>
> Devuan 1.0 ships with upower 0.9.23. AFAIK newer daemon versions only
> support systemd-based installations.

I believe checking power levels does still work in 0.99, although I can't
check right now (my only laptop is a flaky piece of arm with quirky vendor
kernels that has power management working only on Android).

What they did drop was suspend and hibernate, moving them to systemd. An
alternative is to patch things relying on dropped parts of upower to use
pm-utils instead.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.