:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Rick Moen <rick@???> writes:
> Quoting Rainer Weikusat (rweikusat@???):
>
>> I didn't expect you to stop the attempt to get a 'religious angle' into
>> this just because I pointed out that your interpretation was completely
>> wrong.
>
> I honestly don't understand the hostility, Rainier:

To re-iterate this: At the most basic level, a shared library enables
resolution of symbol references by the runtime linker with the ultimate
goal to get a program to run despite other files than the program file
itself are needed for this: Because of libsystemd, a systemd
sub-project, technically gratuitious calls to systemd-specific functions
can be inserted into unrelated applications.

I honestly understand why stating this as it is causes hostile
reactions.