:: Re: [DNG] Wirth's law
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Wirth's law
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 23:30:47 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 24/07/2016 22:37, Jaromil a écrit :

> > nowadays the closures paradigm (basically fifo pipes of pointers to
> > stateless functions) is used much more than all that mutex and
> > semaphore old stuff. i.e. golang adopted closures since the
> > beginning with great success.
> >
> > ciao
>
>      Don't know what a closure is, although I heard of it long ago on
> this list. According to Wikipedia, it is "a record containing a
> function and its environment".

Hi Didier,

I've never encountered closures as described by Jaromil, but they're a
pretty handy thing easily done in many languages, with Lua leading the
list. Here's something that might help explain a little bit:

http://troubleshooters.com/codecorn/lua/luaclosures.htm

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist