:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

> Would it make any sense to have systemd with no application
> talking to it?

Someone (not me, but someone) might want it as an init system. ;->

(Infamously, the thing aspires to be many more things, but somewhere
inside that mess there _is_ an init system: This was the entire point of
V.R.'s / The Initfinder General's uselessd proof of concept.)

The several init systems I've used such as SysVInit, OpenRC, and runit
do not require that 'applications' (services) talk to the init system using
glue libraries. In fact, they don't need to talk to the init system at
all, unless I'm misremembering something.

Somehow, I'm getting the feeling we're communicating at cross-purposes,
but I don't understand exactly how that happened. Somehow we got from
libsystemd0 to... a discussion I don't entirely understand.

Anyhow, I concur with your upthread point that it would be good to know
effective and reasonable ways to elminate unwanted library dependencies
on a package-managed Linux system. Rebuilding packages to reduce build
dependencies is one way, alternative packages with fewer library
dependencies is another -- and there may be other ways I'm not currently
recalling.