:: Re: [DNG] openvpn systemd
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Simon Walter
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] openvpn systemd
On 07/24/2016 02:14 PM, Robert Storey wrote:
> This got me wondering...do you we have a How-To for setting up OpenVPN
> on Devuan? I'm using wicd for my Internet connection, which as I
> understand doesn't support OpenVPN directly, but there is supposed to be
> a way to make it work. I haven't investigated that thoroughly, but when
> I google "openvpn Devuan" I keep getting links for setting up Debian,
> with systemd.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but I didn't find it
> doing a search. It's a question that's likely to come up again and
> again, so if not documented, I should first get it working and then
> write it up myself. I'd be happy to do so.

I've spent several hours understanding OpenVPN. It's the first time I've
dug into it, as I don't usually use VPNs.

The best info I found was on the OpenVPN site, Debian Wiki, and
Shorewall's OpenVPN documentation.

https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/BridgingAndRouting
https://wiki.debian.org/OpenVPN
http://www.shorewall.net/OPENVPN.html

The Debian Wiki does not say anything about systemd. So it's a good
guide. However, I did find some things to vague. I had no idea what was
going on. Which is when I went to look for more info.

Simon