:: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 23:36:06 +0200
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> Help, Steve Litt !!
>
>    Aitor.

I think a separate theme is needed for people with fuzzy vision.

PRIORITIES:

* Readability over pretty.
* Quick Contextual recognition over pretty.
* Readability over real estate efficiency of the screen.
* Quick clickability over pretty.
* Keystroke access over not bothering to program same.

TIPS:

* Noticibly different color titlebar for focused window.
* Reasonable sized titlebars with big devices like close, max, hide
and windowshade.
* Window designs capable of functioning with big fonts.
* NO FRIGGIN TRANSPARENCY!
* Instantly noticible borders. I use 2px cyan borders on the focused
window.
* Text with big contrast. Black on white, black on f0f0f0, black or
darkblue on ffffcc, or white, bright yellow or bright green on black
are ideal.
* Never assume red and green will contrast with each other: Red/green
color blindness is the most common form of color blindness.
* Ideally, the text should still contrast if all color is converted to
shades of gray.
* Active buttons should be instantly recognizable (Firefox hang your
head in shame).
* Bold mouse pointer. Mouse tracks are nice, but I haven't seen them in
years.

Normal people can continue using normal themes, but people like me need
what's described above.

I have such a theme, but the problem is it bears absolutely no
resemblance to other Devuon themes, and also, it's built from other
themes so it's kind of a mess.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist