:: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Go Linux
To: Dng, aitor_czr
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
On Sat, 7/23/16, aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
To: "Go Linux" <golinux@???>, Dng@???, Dng@???
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016, 11:10 AM

Hi again,

On 07/23/2016 02:00 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a flat theme for Devuan, which uses the green theme of
> the init freedom logo:
>
> http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green/
>
> It's based on the OSX-Breeze, and seems to be homogeneus. But the theme
> still needs more changes.
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Aitor.

What about this other one, based on Vertex:

http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green-Vertex/

The purple theme is haromious with the init freedom logo's colour. They
are the same colours used in the website.

100% purpy would be boring :)

I still have to change the blue assets and the borders...

Cheers,

Aitor.

I really appreciate the work you've put into these. emninger had previously shared a Vertex purpy so I was aware of that theme. I had a very quick look at both of your contributions and found the following.

In addition to the colors of the assets, I found the OSX-Breeze grays are way too dark. This theme also reduces the size of the panel icons - I suspect it's a border issue. In addition there are some rollover color problems - a blue rollover on the synaptic column options and in thunar, white on white rollovers on the menu bar. PDF reader has an immutable charcoal title bar. Ugly.

Vertex messes with the size and spacing on the panel icons too. And the white inactive titlebar is just too gtk3ish for my taste. It blends with the white BG on pages so I have a hard time finding where the apps are on the page. I also see macish circle control buttons on the pdf reader. UGH! And the PDF reader slider is about 1/8 inch wide. That's got to be a gtk3 "improvement". There is also some blue around check-box choices. And I just noticed that the input bar on xchat is now dark green

So still a lot of warts that need to be cleaned up. And there are undoubtedly many more waiting to be discovered.

As to colors . . . for each release there will be a primany/signature color - purpy for jessie and then there are secondary/ accent colors like leafy. Of course they are harmonious but their dominance or recessiveness defines the look of each release. We are planning to have the website colors change to reflect the primary desktop color for each new release too.

Cheers!

golinux