:: [DNG] keyboard layouts (was Re: Dn…
Página Inicial
Autor: Adam Borowski
Para: dng
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 22, Issue 80
Assunto: [DNG] keyboard layouts (was Re: Dng Digest, Vol 22, Issue 80)
On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 05:30:06PM +0200, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:
> On 22-07-16 07:24, dng-request@??? wrote:
> >Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:56:35 +0200
> >From: Didier Kryn<kryn@???>
> >To:dng@???
> >Subject: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
> [......]
> >
> >      BTW my laptop has an English keyboard because it is impossible in
> >Europe to buy one with a US keyboard.

> >      Didier

> You must be living in the "wrong" part of Europe, here in the Netherlands
> you must search for a not US-Keyboard.

Likewise in Poland. Somehow Microsoft for ~25 years insisted on a default
"Polish" keyboard layout that, to my knowledge, has never been produced for
actual computers[1]. They took a govt typewriter standard and applied it
for computers, without a reality check. And even despite constant customer
complaints, Microsoft didn't fix the default until Windows 7.

[1]. Not counting a short run of relabelled US keyboards for a govt
procurement once; it lacked some keys compared to the standard.
--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.