:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Página Principal
Autor: Simon Walter
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
On 07/22/2016 01:56 PM, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 21/07/2016 14:50, Arnt Gulbrandsen a écrit :
>> Didier Kryn writes:
>>>     I don't reply to your questions since Florian did :-) but I,
>>> myself, have two questions:

>>>     - Still don't know what <SysRq> key you are talking of; never
>>> seen that on a keyboard.

>>>     - What do you mean by "reisuo" ?

>> You learn something new every day. Today it's sysrq and linux:
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sysrq.txt
>
>     Tried it yesterday evening on my HP-Latitude laptop running
> Debian-Wheezy. Tried both with <Insert [prt sc]> and <delete [sys rq]>.
> None did the trick. With <alt><delete [sys rq]>reisuo I only succeeded
> to locked tty1 :-(

>     BTW my laptop has an English keyboard because it is impossible in
> Europe to buy one with a US keyboard.

I hope I am not stating the obvious. Did you press the Fn key? Notebook
computers have an Fn key to access the smaller label. For example,
Apples have set at the Fn keys to be volume, screen brightness, etc. You
need to press Fn + F10 to get F10, since F10 is written in the smaller
font. Most sensible manufactures haven't done that. However, the some
keys are doubled up and usually if you need to press Fn, it will be in
the same font/color as the Fn key.

I suspect you wanted to press Fn + Del + whatever other keys you need.
(Sorry wasn't following the conversation in detail).

Hope that helps,

Simon