:: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:35:18 +0200, aitor_czr wrote in message
<5790A566.5080906@???>:

> Hi all,
>
> For those people working on live-build:
>
> I'll explain how to generate the /pool and the /dists trees,
> containing all the packages, sources, Contents.gz, etc... But first
> of all i want to do the following clarification: generating the
> *Contents* takes TOO long.

..aye. That's why I asked:
https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7
and how to convert my LAN Debian mirror into a Devuan mirror.

> As i once commented, i tried to build a
> complete repository of Devuan including also the Contents.gz. After
> six weeks, a power cut thwarted the efforts and the repository is
> currently broken. So, at the time being, the repository of gnuinos
> will be an additional repository for Devuan: slim, simple-netaid,
> linux-libre, vdev, ceni, openbox-logout, a device-manager, a
> dynamical menu lancher in gtk, dmenu, etc... [*]
>
> Well... Since i'm not familiar with *Amprolla*, written in python by
> Franco Lanza, i'll explain how to use *reprepro*, which has one
> disadvantage when compared with Amprolla, that is: reprepro isn't
> compatible with the *git* source format. It's only compatible with
> the native and quilt source formats.

..not a problem, it only needs to recognise the .deb etc mirror
formats from vm etc build hosts etc upstream.

..(re)build hosts are not too hard, if we can't get them to do all
format upstreams, we might need to do say one for git trees, one
for tarballs, one for source .debs etc. No big deal, we have
plenty tools, the bigger problem is knowing how to use them. ;o)

> All it needs is a folder containing all the packages and sources
> (we'll call it, to fix ideas, "devuan-mirror"), and another folder
> named "conf" containing in turn a file named "distributions".
>
> Here you are an example of this configuration file:
>
> Origin: Devuan
> Label: Devuan Jessie packages
> Codename: jessie
> Architectures: i386 amd64 armhf source
> Components: main
> UDebComponentes: main
> DebIndices: Packages Release . .gz
> UDebIndices: Packages Release . .gz
> DscIndices: Sources Release .gz .bz2
> Contents: . .gz .bz2
> #SignWith: yes
>
> Now, you can use *find* and *reprepro* commands:
>
> find ./devuan-mirror -name "*.deb" -exec reprepro --ask-passphrase
> -b . -V -C main includedeb jessie {} \;
> find ./devuan-mirror -name "*.udeb" -exec reprepro --ask-passphrase
> -b . -V -C main includeudeb jessie {} \;
> find ./devuan-mirror -name "*.dsc" -exec reprepro --ask-passphrase
> -b . -V -C main includedsc jessie {} \;
>
> As i said above, reprepro isn't compatible with the git source
> format. In such cases, only the packages will be generated.

..I, Geoff McLane and Francesco Brisa played with build scripts for
FlightGear a few years back, Francesco's download_and_compile.sh is
the basis for today's FGMeta build machine.

..problem now is Devuan "is kicking out" FlightGear and its .deps,
because Debian is kicking out FlightGear and said .deps out of the
Debian mirrors. So, I need a solution, and I'm volonteering as a
mirror conversion guinea pig.

> I contacted "Bernhard R. Link" weeks ago referring to this issue, and
> the author of reprepro kindly answered a few days after:
>

> [...] Given how opaque the format is there is little chance that
> reprepro will ever support that format completely. (Writing
> maintainable code to extract the Section and Priority for a source
> package for example seems to be quite a show stopper there for
> example).
>
> Though reprepro could gain some incomplete support for it. (I guess
> there is some chance reprepro should already support retrieving
> packages from other repositories in this format. Adding such packages
> locally is likely not yet possible (though I guess one would have to
> try to be sure)).
>
> But as this format is experimental and mostly abandoned for some time
> it is not that high on my priority list

..no big deal, we can e.g. adapt Francesco's download_and_compile.sh and
put them in vm build hosts.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: