:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

>     I don't know anybody able to stop a server because of own
> unawareness. They all would do it only on request by the admin.
> Hypothetic malevolent people just haven't the key of the room.

That works! ;->

Believe it or not, though, it's not unknown to have background processes
running on a host -- a host not in a locked server room -- that you'd
rather not be killed by some passing user, and still permit others to
also login at the local console.

>     Slim's solution against unawareness is to require root password.
> Well, are you going to give the root password to mindless people?

Understand, please, that I've never happened to use slim. When I
install an x window manager, I almost always use xdm.

Certainly, from the description, that design seems a very appropriately
cautious one.

--
Cheers,                                      Luftputebåten min er full av ål.
Rick Moen