:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
Le 21/07/2016 06:48, Rick Moen a écrit :
>    The purpose
> of making such software shutdown not trivially easy wasn't to prevent
> shutdown.  It is to create undeniable awareness.  Mindfulness.

> The standard solution to give users_deliberately_ that software access
> is to add them to a group with that right.

     I don't know anybody able to stop a server because of own
unawareness. They all would do it only on request by the admin.
Hypothetic malevolent people just haven't the key of the room.

     Slim's solution against unawareness is to require root password.
Well, are you going to give the root password to mindless people? Better
stick a poster with a warning. But the poster must not be too
frightening, otherwise some people might refrain to stop the server when
it is necessary or even urgent.

     Can you describe a use case?

     Didier