Skribent: Simon Hobson
Til: dng@lists.dyne.org
Gamle-emner: Re: [DNG] with or without libsystemd0
Emne: Re: [DNG] "soft" dependencies on libraries (was: with or without libsystemd0)
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> This is a bit silly

TBH, I'm finding most of your argument a bit silly too. So we might as well drop it

>> It comes back to - how much is it "programmers are lazy" vs how much
>> is "well actually it is real work".
>
> Please figure that out and report back to us. I'll mail you a shiny
> pre-Ted Heath-era pre-decimalisation penny for your efforts. ;->

As I've already said, I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW because I'm not a programmer (at least not in that sort of area). But I am interested for genuine reasons - and I recall someone else asking that as well.
I had hoped that someone here would know that - but I suspect they've all got bored and stopped reading this thread.

So, does anyone know if it's "hard" to use a library in a "see if it's there and don't use it if it isn't" way rather than "just use it and blow up if it's not there" which seems to be the norm ?