:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Góra strony
Autor: Rick Moen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> OK, I think I see. I was assuming that there's no graphical terminal
> cheaper than a cheap commodity computer with mobo. To the extent that
> there are graphical terminals cheaper than commodity computers, it
> makes sense.

Yeah, well, you put your finger directly on the main economic question.

I _tend_ to side with the people who say de-minimus computers are now so
damned cheap that non-autonomous consoles don't make economic sense.
Having seen just how cheaply a Raspberry Pi 2 can be thrown into a
little plastic box with a little power supply, if someone offered me a
chance to invest in a firm manufacturing non-Linux-capable terminals
competing with them, I'd say 'You first.'

At the same time, if others want to try, I'm not opposed to that -per se-,
not that they're asking my opinion. Maybe they just happen to own a big
pile of terminals. ;->