:: Re: [DNG] Flexible software (Was: F…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tomasz Torcz
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Flexible software (Was: F1 and special usernames on the login screen)
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 09:57:41PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Simon Walter wrote:
>
> > Since this is Devuan (something about veteran *unix* admins, and
> > coming from Debian - the *universal* OS), I would not have expected
> > Devuan's fans and users to be so close minded.
>
> I think anyone here should stop taking conversations in DNG as
> representative of Devuan. Please note that even those who denigrated
> our efforts, names the shitdevuansays hooligans, have done so. I know
> the gmane title for the list is misleading (this is not the "devuan
> development" list), yet we have not choosen that title for it nor have
> never declared this to be a place representative of devuan.
>
> Devuan has official channels for communication and people who are
> appointed to such a communication. As one of them let me say that,
> since many here read and run code, I recommend taking the actual
> software as the best means of communicating what Devuan is about.

Could you point us to those proper Devuan channels? Some of us
are genuinely interested in challenges when developing the distribution,
and getting to know the ways Devuan developers solved those challenges.
Signal to noise ratio is very low here, for each one email with solid
technicalities there are at least dozen useless emails. I would
happily leave dng if I could read archives of real development list.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg@???                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen