:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Joel Roth wrote:

> Why do you like using a display manager rather than login
> and startx?

good question I wasn't daring to pose so far.

login and startx (and ~/.xinitrc configuration) work like a charm on
Devuan... and anywhere else FWIW. plus give you the big advantage of
not having to start X to execute quick text-only tasks.

FTR whenever I *need* a DM then I use XDM and ~/.xsession conf.

the talent of golinux is the main reason why I'm keen to facilitate
the sugar coating of Devuan, because her and hellekin's ideas may
really bring some innovation in making pleasant the visual
presentation of an OS.

but then one really needs to be pro-active about it here. So: if
anyone wants a DM that is not packaged, even before asking for it
should do an effort at its packaging.

ciao