:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Multiseat is unimportant, barely significant. The price of computers
> has dropped enough that the ones with UIs are now personal
> devices. The architecture of backends has changed such that UIDs
> aren't used for customer IDs.

> A few exceptions remain, increasingly rare. I'm sure there are people who
> have used that blue icon near the top right corner of the android lock
> screen.

I absolutely agree with this assesment. Actually, I'm quite sure we
are winning an easy game. What is surprising is how many people,
supposedly professionals, are actually willing to deny this. I'm not a
conspirationist by nature, yet I come to think there is a double
agenda here. I can't think so many people are stupid, I'd rather think
they are lying.

The biggest industrial interest I can perceive behind systemd is
actually the full spectrum implementation of DRM from the hardware to
the software stack. This is why messages like the one sent by the
other Arnt on this list shouldn't be overlooked
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20160612.045420.d84a3334.en.html
as well as the US patent 20150040216-A1 "Systems and Methods for
Restricting Application Binary Interfaces" filed by Paul Moore, Dan
Walsh and Lennart Poettering on behalf of Red Hat.

ciao